Those of you who have it might have noticed an update on the LinkedIn app for mobile. Here is a review of some of the new features and highlights of this latest release.
Given that the project code of “Blue steel,” the idea was born of a simple concept to make LinkedIn members look the best they can on a mobile platform, whether that be Android iPhone or other. LinkedIn Data suggests that some 43% of all visitors to the platform come by mobile. This is only heading one way.
A summary of the new apps plus points are:
- Designed for Android, iPad and iPhone
- “At a glance” profile creates the best first impression on mobile
- Enhanced ability to easily showcase ideas and insight
- All the posts you write anywhere on Linkedin show up on your profile where ever (and on whatever) you or your colleagues are viewing.
- “On the go”, see what you have in common with people you are about to meet
- Simpler interface allowing you to update your profile whilst on the move.
- See who’s viewing your profile and make stronger connections by finding things you have in common
When you link the new LinkedIn app with the connected app, the empowerment is magnified somewhat.
Connected gives you gentle nudges on your connections anniversaries, new jobs and activities allowing you to congratulate somebody on a birthday, or new job or to connect with somebody who will improve your world. It offers search options and a range of control settings
The LinkedIn app brings just about everything else into play from groups, Company searches, Polls, your recent activity and last but not least a very useful intelligence tool that is who viewed your profile.
Just about everything you had on the desktop, now fits in your pocket.
Why not give these two apps a try on your devices and see how you get on. Why not share your tips and tricks on this page and let us know your thoughts?