In the last couple of days LinkedIn has made a move that opens up the influencer programme. Since 2012,, a closed group of influencers such as Richard Branson and Gary Vaynerchuk have been able to write long form articles or blog posts on the platform. In the last week, LinkedIn have allowed a further 25,000 people into the fold, firing the starting gun for those who are looking to increase their brand awareness and attract followers.
I am certainly planning to test it out and will keep you up to date with how effective it is
LinkedIns Ryan Roslansky wrote the following in the LinkedIn Blog
Starting today, LinkedIn is opening up our publishing platform to our members, giving them a powerful new way to build their professional brand. When a member publishes a post on LinkedIn, their original content becomes part of their professional profile, is shared with their trusted network and has the ability to reach the largest group of professionals ever assembled. Now members have the ability to follow other members that are not in their network and build their own group of followers. Members can continue to share their expertise by posting photos, images, videos and their original presentations on SlideShare.
For those that are interested in having a go Daniel Roth came up with some great guidelines on things to consider when choosing what to write about
LinkedIn’s help centre offers the following advice
• What concrete advice can you give to someone hoping to enter your field?
• What your industry will (or should) look like in 5, 10, or 15 years and how it will get there.
• What is the biggest problem your industry needs to solve?
• What skill is essential in your job or at your company, and why?
• How has your job, profession or industry changed since you started?
• What else would you do if you started again and why?
• How did you get your start in a certain profession?
• Advice for career advancement in your function.
• Challenges for the future of your function.
I have applied for early access and will let you know how things progress.
Have a great week.